5. A note from the editor
If OPEC’s May 25 meeting proved one thing, it was that the cartel may have won the battle, but US tight oil is winning the war. Read More...
6. DSME loses LNG patent lawsuit
Patent on partial reliquefaction technology ruled invalid as shipmaker loses case to rivals
7. Kongsberg, Yara plan autonomous electric ship
Norwegian firms plan battery-powered ship to manage regional deliveries
9. Baker Hughes has launched DEEPFRAC™, a first-of-its-kind deepwater fracturing service
14. Trelleborg and SubC help early risers
Trelleborg explains how a new, world-first approach enabled the replacement of riser buoyancy modules without any loss of production
16. How Enpro Subsea helped one operator to reach first oil in just 12 months
ESSI does it again
18. BP drives seismic changes in the Gulf of Mexico
Ros Davidson reports on the seismic breakthrough at BP making waves throughout the Gulf of Mexico
21. Injunction halts Statoil’s Cap-X deployment
NeoDrill raises concerns over patent infringement of suction anchor systems
22. Total Robot Wars
Andrew Dykes reports on the winners of Total’s ARGOS Challenge, which sought to find and develop the first surfacebased autonomous inspection robot for oil and gas sites
26. MIT innovation means no sticking points for hydrates
New chemical barrier formula could help prevent ice adhesion altogether
28. Inside Statoil’s dragons den
Andrew Dykes speaks with Statoil’s corporate venture capital arm to learn more about the unit’s investment strategy, and what technologies hold the greatest promise for the NOC
31. Wintershall, YPF pick up pace in Vaca Muerta
A partnership between Duke University and SRICO has created a faster, cheaper solution for gas detection using an intriguing arrangement of metamaterials
32. Lloyd’s Register discuss the potential of marginal field development in the USA
Tim Skelton looks at the Statoil-backed Cap-X system, designed to usher in new subsea standardisation at the NOC’s Bauge and Njord fields
36. News in Brief
1 / 1
Kongsberg, Yara plan autonomous electric ship
Trelleborg and SubC help early Risers
Add some more info about this item...
Innovative coatings from Hempel help fight corrosion and protect asset integrity
Hempel’s Hempadur products are a range of epoxy coatings designed to protect steel from the harshest conditions. Covering both primer and intermediate coats, the main focus of the Hempadur range is to provide effective barrier properties from corrosive elements and is used widely in the protection of structural steel, pipework and storage tanks
1 / 3
Skytech's the limit
Joshua Potts of SkyTech examines how drones are shaping the future energy landscape...
Laser drilling has only become technically feasible within the last few years, but its accuracy...
GAIL pipeline monitoring
India’s state-run GAIL will soon launch a satellite surveillance system for monitoring its 13,000-km gas pipeline network...
Control + Print